savethesheep.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

new olympic event: tattoo/knitting cross

travis had two tattoo sessions last weekend, one on friday and one on saturday. when marie started tattooing on friday, i sat down to knit and i decided that i'd start a hat and race her to see if i'd finish before the end of his session saturday. i won with about a half hour to spare! i made a stockinette hat with a 2x2 rib brim in fisherman (off-white) lion jiffy. my goal was to make an exceptionally warm hat and it worked. i really like the lion jiffy. it's a great cheap yarn. i used michelle's hat knitting tricks and they helped me get a great fit. thanks michelle!

i gave the hat to marie. she's such a sweet person, and a fabulous artist.

i didn't get a picture of the finished hat, but the photo above is her sister that i'm knitting for myself. i need to get more jiffy to finish it.


on the plane, i made some progress on tank girl, made with the recycled yarn.







tonight i'm home by myself and felt like making some cookies. i didn't have any vanilla, so i substituted natural orange extract and made orange chocolate chip cookies (vegan, of course). they are crumbley but they taste yummy.

technorati tags:

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

So I looked at this earlier, but I was on the phone, so I couldn't comment then. I open up your page to comment, and I see the cookies again and all of a sudden, it's almost 12 and I need cookies! Those look super good. That's good to know about the extracts -- I have lemon and coconut that I hardly ever use. And your welcome for the "hat tricks" -- I am in the process of finishing another hat for myself!

I think that's a great olympic event -- like a tie - keeper to see who's really boss!

Tue Feb 21, 11:55:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger vania said...

yummy looking cookies! You sure got a lot of knitting done too. I'm a little confused, is that gorgeous cherry blossom tattoo on you? Or is it someone else? It's stunning!

Wed Feb 22, 08:13:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those cookies are yummy, especially with the orange extract. thanks jen!

Wed Feb 22, 11:29:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

I'm glad to hear the Jiffy works well for a hat, I've got some super bright red Jiffy I might have to try out!

I was craving brownies, but it may have just shifted to a cookie craving! Yummy.

Thu Feb 23, 09:14:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger mishka said...

your tattoo is gorgeous. and the cookies... yum! I actually like a good crumbly cookie :)

Thu Feb 23, 03:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger krissy said...

oh my goodness, that is the most beautiful tattoo i've ever seen!

Tue Feb 28, 04:02:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home