savethesheep.com

Sunday, February 05, 2006

after: pink "J" pillow

thanks for your advice everyone. after attempting to rip apart the sleeves i realized that this yarn had partially felted and would not rip apart. so the decision was made for me, and i sewed this pillow instead. then i remembered that i had this "J" in my craft box -- i bought it a few months ago figuring i'd find some use for it. luckily, my friend's name is jenny, because the "J" is perfect for this pillow.

since all i can say is "i bought a sweater, cut out two pieces, and sewed them together" i'll give this to her as a "housewarming present" rather than as a birthday present. i'll think of something else to get her for her birthday. but still, i hope she likes it. it's not as impressive as knitting a pillow, but it did take me all afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

The pillow looks great, I love that you had a J for it! I really need to get my sewing machine out and use it a bit more, I feel bad neglecting it like I have been.

Mon Feb 06, 12:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger vania said...

i love this idea - your pillow must be nice and soft!

Sat Feb 11, 12:18:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home