savethesheep.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

proof! (and a bonus for being so patient)

here are those eyelet legwarmers! they are merrily blocking on the kitchen table as we speak. or write. or i write and you read. (note that the one on the right is upside down in the photo.)

i hope this cheap red heart super saver yarn takes the blocking as well as the linen blend i used for the christmas miracle scarf and hat.

now i have to figure out how to sew a nice seam. i haven't really done that before.


...and here is your bonus for being so patient. i took this photo from a moving convertible back in september, 2001 during our cross-country road trip. we were right outside of moab, utah, on our way to the moab jazz festival. that's how amazing utah is -- you can just aim a point and shoot camera out the car window and snap a picture and you can capture something as beautiful as this.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're awesome. Thanks for waiting to take your knitting hiatus. :-)

Wed Jan 11, 09:38:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

The legwarmers look great. My advise for seaming - have good light and go slow :) I keep a book open in front of me with the instructions on how to do it, and I think that all of my seams have come out nicely. I still get out my book to seam, since I haven't done a ton of it (at least to get me started).

Wed Jan 11, 01:43:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger jen said...

good advice emily, thanks!

Wed Jan 11, 02:16:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah -- excellent picture! I haven't been to Utah (yet) and it looks gorgeous. Hooray for the legwarmers. I hate seams so I do mine in the round on 12" circs. The stitch pattern looks great and I can't wait to see it!

Wed Jan 11, 10:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger E to the M said...

I got here through a maze of links and interconnected knitting blogs. Scrolling around I came across your pick from Utah (Castle Valley) and it made me so happy. I'm from Utah, SLC to be exact and lived in Moab as a kid. Now I'm in VT and haven't been out West for 13 years. I miss the red rock and your picture let me have a little of that. Thanks.

Fri Feb 24, 09:36:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home