savethesheep.com

Friday, December 16, 2005

my knitting guardian angel

i guess i must have good knitting karma after all. yesterday morning my knitting (the seed stitch scarf that needs to be done by christmas) fell out of my messenger bag as i walked to the metro. of course i didn't realize this until i noticed it wasn't in my bag, and then had travis check at home for it when he got home in the evening. by then, we were getting a couple of inches of freezing rain and my poor knitting had been outside for over 8 hours!

i was so upset because i've already put so much work into the scarf, and if it were lost, there was no way i could get it done by christmas.

i knew it was in a plastic bag and that it must have fallen out of my messenger bag near the house, but travis swore he hadn't seen it on the sidewalk on his way home. sympathetic to my desperation, he went back outside in the rain to check again as i sat in my office stressing out and waiting for him to call me back. well, thanks to my knitting guardian angel, he found it!! someone must have picked it up off the sidewalk near my house and tied the plastic bag to our neighbor's chain link fence. inside the plastic bag the partially finished scarf and yarn were just fine!! i can't believe how lucky i am. today i'm putting up a sign outside thanking whoever did it, and asking her to stop by my house if she gets a chance so that i can buy her a drink or something to thank her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

All I can say is WOW! Not only do you have the knitting karma, but that's a really nice neighbor and city you have there. I remember leaving a scarf at a subway platform and realizing as soon as the doors closed, and going right back uptown to get it, and it was already gone. Losing my knitting must be my worst nightmare, and I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out alright for you!!

Fri Dec 16, 08:09:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger vania said...

i absolutely agree with Michelle. I just love stories like these; it brings me faith in others! losing anything sucks for me, and i'm so glad you didn't lose your work!

Mon Dec 19, 10:20:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

That was lucky! I wouldn't have ever thought to tie it to the fence. I'm so glad that the yarn is fine, now you know that it is tough and will make a great scarf (you know, since it survived 8 hours of freezing rain)!

Mon Dec 19, 12:09:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger krissy said...

wow good knitting karma indeed!

Fri Jan 06, 11:49:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home