savethesheep.com

Sunday, April 09, 2006

thundercut in dc

i've still got nothing to show for myself by way of craftiness. i only managed to make two of the four curtain panels so far. i thought about posting a picture of the two finished panels, but i figured i've already made everyone wait so long, i might as just wait until it's all done and bee-yoo-tee-ful to show the final result.

in the meantime, i thought i'd show everyone this cute little hitchhiker that has appeared on 14th street in DC. i was excited to see some cool new street art in town; my recent trip to NY left me jealous of the amazing street art they enjoy. turns out it's by thundercut, a couple of NY-based artists who are also the people behind sherbert magazine. apparently, they recently took a little road trip down to visit us in DC. thanks for visiting, thundercut!

thundercut is also well-known in NY for creative "remixing" of walk/don't walk signs.


technorati tags:

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

ooh, I've never seen that remixing of the walk/don't walk signs. I just looked at the page quick, but I'd like to see if they say where that picture was taken. Hmm, I wanted to say how I like that grafitti better than what I see here, but then I found out it's "from" here, which shows I'm very much a grass is always greener (or that there is grass) type of person when it comes to NYC. Poor thing, I should give it more love.

Sun Apr 09, 09:45:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mishka said...

I always get so excited when I see cute/clever/witty graffiti. A few years ago I found "I am a happy wall" written on the side of a building in Toronto... it made my day.

The little hitchhiker is adorable. Hope he doesn't get removed (or end up in some teenager's bedroom) too soon.

Mon Apr 10, 10:30:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger vania said...

That little hitchhiker dude is adorable! How fun to have that to walk by in the morning - i love works of art like that that are both creative and moving - i bet everyone who sees it smiles to themselves!

Tue Apr 11, 07:00:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger vania said...

ps don't beat yourself up about your 'lack of craftiness' - we all need to take our own pace otherwise what we loves becomes work and then, well, we don't like it anymore! 2 curtain sets is great!

Tue Apr 11, 07:01:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger jen said...

thanks vania, but these curtains have already become work a while ago! i have to get them done before travis' family comes to visit on friday or else they are going to be up bright and early with the sun saturday morning!

Tue Apr 11, 07:15:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger jen said...

hitchhiker dude is gone today :(

Wed Apr 12, 11:56:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home