savethesheep.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ahoy!

i realized that if i had used vanilla like i was supposed to instead of orange extract on those crumbley cookies, they would have been just like chips ahoy! same texture, same taste. i used to love chips ahoy. now i want to make another batch with vanilla. i have to stop by whole foods tonight to get more chips.

if anyone else wants to make the vegan chips ahoy, the recipe was from one of sarah kramer's books (i think garden of vegan). i used a cup and a half of tropical source chocolate chips (my favorites) and i substituted whole wheat pastry flour for regular flour.


technorati tags:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ooh, I remember chips ahoy! Those were great. I also really liked chips deluxe, too. I don't think I've ever made cookies that I thought tasted like chips ahoy, so I'll be trying those (once I finish all of these other cookies!!)

Tue Feb 28, 05:50:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home