savethesheep.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"witching hour" craftiness

oooh, i have such a good idea for the baby hat i'm making!! i thought of it in the middle of the night last night after i couldn't sleep. i drank too much beer and wine last night at the halloween festivities and it messed up my sleep, but it was worth it because i'm really excited about my new idea!

i can't reveal my baby hat idea here because i know liza (one of smudge's mamas) reads this blog, but i'll just say two things about it: (1) it will require me to learn a new type of needle art that i haven't done before and (2) it was inspired by liza's comment yesterday about gender stereotyping and also by a tee shirt (no, not the dirty dancing one!) i saw at crafty bastards craft fair.

it may or may not be done in time for the shower on saturday, depending on how long this new technique takes me to conquer. but i'll definitely post pics once the mamas have received it.

i just hope this middle-of-the-night craft idea works better than the bat costume for my dog that i thought up in the middle of the night saturday night. it was a cute idea, since she's blind -- get it, blind as a bat? but you couldn't tell what she was supposed to be. it was my first time ever using a sewing machine, so i deserve some slack for that.

1 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

That is a cute costume for your dog, not bad at all for being your first time on a sewing machine! I'm sure she loved it (since all pets love being dressed up).

Wed Nov 02, 08:26:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home