savethesheep.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

local knitting celebrity

i was mentioned in a front page article in the gazette, a weekly local paper! this is the part about me:

And as part of a practice Anderson calls "so Takoma Park," even those worried about shearing sheep or reeling fibers from silkworms have outlets at their disposal. Jen M., a Takoma Park resident and longtime vegan, said the hats and scarves she’s made from less expensive acrylics still make her friends and family "ooh and ah."

"I like that you end up finding these environmentally sound, less wasteful solutions to things," said [me], whose favorite fibers are lion jiffy acrylics and recycled vegan silk yarn, of which she recently knit a bag for a Compassion Over Killing-sponsored auction.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, Jen! How did that come about?

Tue Dec 12, 04:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger jen said...

the reporter came across this blog and emailed me. she probably searched for takoma park knitters.

coincidentally, i also just received an inquiry from someone who is doing a cable program on knitting groups and wanted to speak to me about my vegan knitting group. unfortunately, my vegan knitting group is no more.

Tue Dec 12, 05:07:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh cool!

i am so curious about takoma park and hope to visit someday. but mostly just cause i want to see you! gosh, i wonder if i'll ever have the money to travel again after visiting my sis...

Tue Dec 12, 09:22:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger busy hands said...

that is awesome!

Wed Dec 13, 08:47:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger krissy said...

ohmygosh, that is incredibly cool! did you buy a bunch of papers and cut out the article to send to family & friends. (totally what my mom & dad did when my picture was in the paper when i was 10).

now that you're famous, maybe lindsey lohan will invite you out for cocktails! hee hee

Thu Dec 14, 06:19:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home