savethesheep.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

ribbed legwarmers


i forgot to post about my legwarmers! i made these last spring -- they were my second knitting project ever -- but didn't have a chance to wear them until recently. i thought they were sucky, but i ended up getting a lot of compliments on them.

i made them with lion jiffy thick and quick. and sure enough, they are very thick and were very quick to knit.

the main problem with these legwarmers is that i made them on a 16 inch circular needle, not realizing you can't make a tube smaller than 16 inches on a 16 inch needle! so they are very baggy, which is ok except they tend to slide right off my foot when i walk. i made a temporary repair by weaving in a piece of yarn around the bottom and tying it around my ankle, but when i get a chance i am going to weave in a piece of elastic so i don't have to tie on the yarn and cut it off each time i put on or take off the legwarmers.

i was really surprised at the enthusiastic responses i got when i wore these! one woman even asked me if i sell them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

As you know, I am in love with legwarmers and these are awesome! Such bright colors! You know, mine slide down sometimes too (even though they were made on a 12-inch), but usually not if I'm wearing tights!

Wed Nov 16, 07:00:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee-hee! How cute. The reaction is one of the things I love about TP/SS. :)

Thu Nov 17, 11:31:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home